The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos has multiple openings for Laborers to work out of San Diego, CA.
Position performs routine physical labor; moving materials, tools, and/or equipment; cleaning equipment, machinery, and work areas; operating various types of tools, such as, pneumatic, electric, and hand; assisting electricians by pulling cables, banding, and general assistance. May be required to perform additional duties as deemed necessary by the supervisor for the completion of the job in a safe and timely manner.
- Perform routine physical work under close supervision.
- Follow oral and written instruction from supervisor or more experienced worker.
- Move materials and/or tools and equipment manually or with dolly, hand truck, cart.
- Assist with installation of cables, banding, and clean up by vacuum hoses or by bucket.
- Clean equipment, work area with vacuums, hoses, brushes, cloths, or other cleaning equipment.
- Operate general hand tools to include banding tools in the overhead.
- May be required to perform other duties as deemed necessary for job completion.
- All of the above shall be performed in a safe and timely manner.
- Must be able to climb ladders and perform work while on ladders.
Basic knowledge of hand tools.
High school diploma or equivalent and less than 1 year of prior relevant experience.
A computer to perform daily time sheets.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.