Job Requisition:Network Engineer
Leidos is seeking a candidate to fill a network engineer position supporting DISA's GSM-O contract at Scott AFB, IL.
The candidate will provide technical engineering assistance to all phases of network configuration, implementation, testing and performance enhancements. The candidate should have solid IP and or Voice over IP (VoIP) experience. The candidate should be capable of developing processes and procedures to enhance network management, performance and reliability activities. Conducts network testing, supervises technology insertion, and evaluates developmental software applications. Supports senior staff as required and ensures customer requirements and project milestones are met. Provide support on a 24x5 schedule.
Member of the network team supporting DISA GSM-O program. Interfaces with Government counterparts, both CONUS and OCONUS, as well as other Leidos and subcontractor team members. Responsible for the network components used on the program with specific responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Evaluate system network requirements and make appropriate technical recommendations.
2) Proficiency with Juniper networking devices to include: Establishing remote management connectivity, updating the operating systems, coordinating and performing verification test (BER or "burn-in" tests) configuring alarm and system profiles, and configuring/testing various layers of the OSI model.
3) Assist IA personnel regarding network security and SSP maintenance. Ensure that the network configuration meets all IA requirements.
4) Perform installation test and acceptance (IT&A) of network components both directly through the various GUI/CLI or interface systems, by directing and/or facilitating remote testing with on-site field engineering support.
5) Monitor network performance.
6) Support deployments as required.
7) Knowledge of IP principles
• Associate’s degree and 2+ years of relevant experience. Military or related work experience may be substituted for education.
• IA 8570 Security + Required at Start
• JNCIA certification is desired
• Active DoD Top Secret with SCI eligibility
• Proficiency with Juniper IOS or other IP/transport specific management tools (EMS) and general practices.
• Experience in remotely configuring networking or transport devices.
• Basic Linux Administration or command line interface (CLI) and scripting skills.
• Ability to map IP addresses and subnets for networking devices or ability to establish in-band/out of band management connections on transport devices.
• Ability to interpret network topology diagrams and proposed device configuration changes.
• Ability to work in a team focused, dynamic environment.
• Expertise in IP technologies; i.e. Networking architectures, methodologies and Voice Services
• Proficiency in at least one of the following devices: SONUS SBC, Juniper MX5 routers, Juniper SRX210 firewalls, Juniper E2200 switches, SONUS SBCs, KG175
• Proficiency in at least one of the following tools: Solarwinds or JunOS Space
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.