Job Requisition:Systems Administrator (Desktop Support)
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has a continuing requirement for Secure Enterprise Network Systems, Services, & Support (SENS3) for the continued operations and maintenance and evolution of the Homeland Secure Data Network (HSDN) and the Classified Local Area Network (C-LAN). This requirement was previously called Enterprise Networked Services Support (ENSS).
Supporting the SENS3 management team, the candidates will SENS3 desktop environments to ensure Service Level Agreements are met, including:
- Provisioning desktop hardware devices to users upon approved Government requests;
- Replacing desktop hardware devices based on preplanned technology refreshment lifecycles identified in the TRP;
- Planning major updates to desktop operating systems and general-purpose desktop applications for inclusion in desktop and laptop images;
- Preparing, testing, and deploying vendor functionality updates to desktop operating systems and general-purpose desktop applications;
- Preparing, testing, and deploying vendor security updates to desktop operating systems and general-purpose desktop applications;
- Patching, configuring, updating, and maintaining software in the desktop images, including, but not limited to: (a) Operating system; (b) Office automation and productivity software; (c) Other general-purpose desktop applications;
- Configuring and maintaining images and configurations on laptop devices in Travel Kits to the same standards as general-purpose desktop images.
The candidate must have the following experience/skills:
- A Bachelors degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. Equivalent work experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 2+ years of experience performing operating system configuration and deployment, application management, and/or desktop management using replication technologies;
- Experience in applying vendor/OEM patches and fixes using standard tools such as MS SCCM or equivalent:
- Experience in creating secure, compliant desktop images for deployment across an IT enterprise.
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- DHS Experience
- Security+ Certification
- MCSA or MCITP Certification
- Knowledge/Experience ITSM tools
- Experience in Agile Development teams
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.