•Serve as Assistant Battalion Aircraft Maintenance Officer (BAMO). Provide long-term continuity and technical support assistance in aviation maintenance and logistics matters. Assist BAMO and Contracting Officer’s Representatives (CORs) with the oversight and day-to-day management of all contractors supporting the 204th MI BN.
• Serve as subject matter expert on matters pertinent to aircraft maintenance and logistics. Help develop and implement unit aviation maintenance policy and makes recommendations regarding aviation materiel maintenance program improvements.
• Coordinate with FT Bliss Directorate for Public Works for maintenance and repair of hangar (facility) systems.
• Assist maintenance and supply personnel with best DOD and industry practices.
• Provide technical advice to the battalion command group on matters that affect readiness or capabilities of the fleet. Monitor unit readiness for logistical and maintenance problems and contractor support requirements and provides recommendations.
• Help coordinate and track aircraft maintenance and modification scheduling.
• Maintain aviation safety message files (Safety of Flight (SOF), Aviation Safety Advisory Messages (ASAM), Aviation Maintenance Action Message (AMAM), and Maintenance Information Message System (MIMS)) and provide compliance reports to higher headquarters.
• Provide readiness information to support Unit Status Reporting (USR) and Aircraft Status Reporting of all assigned aircraft.
• Prepare and distribute to higher headquarters the unit’s Daily Aircraft Status Report.
• Maintain (manually) DA Form 1352-1s for all aircraft assigned to the 204th MI BN and load them daily into the INSCOM G4 portal/COP.
• Prepare and distribute to higher headquarters the DA Form 1352 (Army Aircraft Inventory, Status, and Flying Hour Report) to include drafting BN CDR’s comments.
• Participate in conferences and meetings to include program management reviews.
•Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation Logistics or a related field from an accredited college/ university with four years of military experience in Aviation Maintenance; or
• Associates Degree in Aviation Logistics or a related field from an accredited college/ university with eight years of military experience in Aviation Maintenance; or
• Military or related civilian equivalent training and ten years of experience.
•Demonstrated knowledge in aviation logistics management and records keeping.
• Knowledge of Unit Level Logistics System-Aviation.
• Knowledge of Army aviation logistics operations and in particular, knowledge of how Army aviation support units operate and organize to sustain operations.
• Extensive knowledge of the Army aviation enterprise and expertise to provide technical advisory service for the proper modification of aircraft equipment and the ability to evaluate work accomplished against established goals and objectives.
• Working knowledge of the characteristics of aircraft, aircraft systems, and aircraft components to support special programs required by aerial intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance units.
• Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and oral communications.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.