Mechanics are responsible for handling maintenance and repair of vehicles, both heavy and light.
- Assist in the repair, rebuild, or overhaul of major assemblies of internal combustion automobiles, buses, trucks, tractors or generators.
- Maintain wheeled vehicles, their associated trailers and material handling equipment systems.
- Inspect, service, maintain, repair, replace, adjust and test wheeled vehicles and material handling equipment systems, subsystems and components.
- Service automotive electrical systems including wiring harness, and starting and charging systems.
- Diagnose the source of trouble and determine the extent of repairs required; replacing worn or broken parts such as piston rings, bearings or other engine parts; grinding and adjusting valves; rebuilding carburetors; overhauling transmissions and repairing fuel injection, lighting and ignition systems.
- Able to maneuver in small spaces and lift up to 50lbs.
- A high school diploma and a formal apprenticeship or equivalent vocational training with four year of military experience equivalent to the 91B.
- Two year’s work experience performing a variety of tasks such lubricating vehicles, loading, unloading and storing automotive parts and supplies and maintaining work areas.
- Must be able to safely operate highway rated vehicles of up to five-ton capacity. Valid state motor vehicle driver’s license is required. Commercial motor vehicle driver’s license desired.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.