Job Requisition:HIPAA Security Rule Subject Matter Expert / Information Assurance Engineer - Denver
We are looking for a full-time HIPAA Security Rule Subject Matter Expert (SME) / Information Assurance Engineer at one of our customer sites.
Tasks for this position include:
• Reviews security and privacy complaints, data breach notification and cybersecurity incident reports, and other correspondence and evidence provided by the healthcare organizations across the nation to assess the overall impact of security and privacy incidents.
• Evaluates and determines the technical sufficiency of submissions from HIPAA covered entities and business associates in response to data and documentation requests (i.e. Assessing reports related to security baselines, penetration tests, vulnerability assessments, and digital forensics).
• Develops written reports with technical security analyses, summaries, and recommendations for action.
• Provides subject matter expert analysis, evaluation, and recommendations based on national security standards (NIST), industry best practices (ISO) and implementation specifications of the HIPAA Security Rule.
• Provides expert guidance in designing, implementing, and managing information security, data protection, and risk management programs, including policies, procedures, and controls for protected health information based on HIPAA requirements.
• Provides advisory expertise in the areas of risk analyses, vulnerability assessments, incident response, security architecture, physical security, business continuity and disaster recovery, enterprise mobility, threat intelligence and analysis, security awareness and online safety, and resolution of highly complex security projects and issues.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
• In-depth experience with security domains and industry best practices; business continuity and disaster recovery, supply chain and third party management; and up to date on evolving cyber-threats, defense strategies, and emerging technology.
• Industry certification preferably CISSP, CISM, and CIPM/CIPP/CIPT.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to translate highly technical matter to a non-technical audience.
• Knowledge of HIPAA Privacy, Security, and Breach Notification Rules, other Security regulations, and industry best practices and standards (NIST, ISO, Sarbanes-Oxley, FISMA, COBIT).
• Proficiencies in: Information governance and risk management, threat and vulnerability management, vendor management, infrastructure, security architecture for traditional, wireless, and cloud-hosted networks, cryptography/encryption protocols, business continuity and disaster recovery, social engineering and awareness training methodologies.
• Master’s degree in Information Technology, Cybersecurity or related field.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Info Security2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.