Job Requisition:Network Engineer
Leidos is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of data center services to our CMS customers and is structured around both current and legacy platforms in a consumption-based services model. We are looking to add skilled, energetic leaders and technologist who believe in cross functional teams, exhibit broad-based skills, maintain a customer-focused mindset, and have a willingness to step out of their work stream to get the job done.
With a “no downtime, zero outages” vision and mantra, we support a range of data center needs ranging from self-service to white-glove services, all of which are based on our customer’s required level of support. Our organization is comprised of a teams supporting PMO, Security, Quality, Intake, Service Delivery, Engineering, and Service Operations. With these teams access resources from our functional teams supporting Network, Security, Firewall, z/OS and z/VM operations, Unix Operations, Change Management, Monitoring, Capacity Management, x86 Operations, and Storage Operations. Part of everyone’s responsibility is to help drive the new consumption-based services oriented model.
Now to you – your mission, if you choose to accept it as a Network Engineer will require you to develop solutions that are highly innovative, and achieved through research and integration of best practices. Influence development of solutions that impact strategic project/program goals and business results while also leading work of other technical staff. You will interact daily with technical resource which are fulfilling technical requirements for the customer. Your goal will be to work with all stakeholders to help Leidos ensure delivery of high-quality, robust and scalable solutions with minimal business impact.
The current work environment is on-site at Leidos in Windsor Mill / Woodlawn, Maryland with potential for on-site work at CMS (in the same location). Telecommute opportunities are currently being evaluated and may become available based upon teams supported, work hours, and work performance.
The successful candidate will serve as a member of the Core Infrastructure Operations Network Engineering team responsible for providing network operations support for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Candidate must be familiar with basic networking concepts and technologies, including routing and switching and must be highly motivated.
Plans and configures network communications systems based on Cisco platforms. Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture. Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Conducts testing of network design using Cisco Prime and Wireshark. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switches, bridges, gateways, firewalls, voice etc. Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Assist with planning, design and implementation of local and remote Cisco network hardware, software and procedures.
- Maintain technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, selecting or developing systems.
- Maintain voice and firewall network configurations a plus.
- Prepare or ensure that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions and diagrams using Visio.
- Provide regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short and long-range planning for in-house systems using Prime.
- Assist with designing networks or portions of networks that include selection of hardware and software packages.
- Perform installation, testing, maintenance of documentation and support of network infrastructure components.
- Daily duties will include responding to customer originated trouble tickets and service request along with planning and executing controlled changes within the infrastructure
- Services provided will include customer moves/adds/changes and may require after hours and/or weekend support and some travel to supported remote locations.
BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Develop, support and maintain operations of Cisco network technologies within the CMS environment and associated sub-systems including, moves, adds and changes, fault isolation and resolution, and end-user support
- Extensive hands-on experience with Cisco network technologies
- Perform integration and analysis for a Cisco network devices
- Assist with planning and execution of major component upgrades and installations for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services network consisting of Cisco technologies
- Integration of new components into existing infrastructure including system management tools, logging and reporting capabilities
- Services provided will include customer moves/adds/changes and may require after hours and/or weekend support
- Demonstrated understanding of the Cisco Network infrastructure and best practices
A high level of familiarity and experience with the following networking/telecom technologies
- Cisco Certified Network Associate – Voice (CCNA - Voice) or higher certification
- LAN/WAN networking equipment and protocols
- Assist with planning and executing the deployment and liaising with Government technologist regarding system requirements, design, and operation.
- Provide support to engineering and proposal development teams in the design and deployment of new technology infusions
- Experience with SNOW Incident and Service Request management workflow
- Experience with Cisco Prime and Infoblox IPAM and Wireshark
- Data Communications Networks, Teleconferencing
- Proficiency in evaluating business requirements, processes, technologies, applications, and information systems
- Ability to effectively communicate with a broad base of end users
- Presentation, written and oral communication skills
- Possess excellent logical and analytical skills
- Knowledge and experience in proposal development.
- Project implementation background a plus
- Ability to effectively adapt to changing technology and apply it to business needs
- Good judgment and analytical skills; as well as follow-up and organizational skills
- Intermediate to advance Skills with Microsoft office and Visio
- Ability to understand and assist in solving network infrastructure issues
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.