Job Requisition:Senior Systems Administrator - Patch Management
Leidos has an opening for a lead Patch Management Systems Administrator to lead the patching process for the NASA End-user Services & Technologies (NEST) program. NEST is an IT Services program providing the end user computing needs to NASA. The program provides a range of IT services: On premises and cloud-based Windows and Linux server support, Windows, macOS and Linux desk side support and workstation engineering, managed print services, Active Directory services and Microsoft Exchange support.
The individual selected for this position will be a member of the Operations team and will be assigned to work full time at a customer site in one of the NASA locations (e.g., Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC), Johnson Space Center (JSC), etc.). The individual will be the lead of a team responsible for generating patches for the endpoints in the NEST environment - Windows, macOS and Linux. The candidate will work with the administrators of those systems and the NEST security team to identify the patches required to address security and feature updates and to help create the packages to address those needs. This will help make the NASA environment more secure.
This position requires rotating on call support.
• Work with members of the NEST team to create the process for the patch schedules for the Windows, macOS and Linux platforms. Work with the team members to identify the tools to create the respective patches. While the tools may be platform specific, the process will be common - common requirements, consistent timing, consistent approvals.
• Create, maintain, and implement detailed documentation and maintain standard operating procedures for software upgrades, patching, etc.
• Help define and apply security settings and other commercial security best practices
• Provide support on a M-F business hours schedule
• Work in a rapid paced environment
Basic Qualifications and Typical Education:
• Bachelor's degree and 8 years' experience or equivalent years of experience.
• Excellent understanding of Windows Servers in design, configuration and the administration of Windows 2008r2, 2012 and 2016.
• Experience with SCCM, SCOM, and BigFix.
• Experience with Windows backup tools (e.g., NetBackup, Windows Backup)
• Very good knowledge of anti-virus/anti-malware tools (e.g., McAfee, Windows Defender).
• Remote Desktop Services (Login and Security), including Citrix, experience
• PowerShell Script design and coding experience
• Experience managing Active Directory/ADFS and DFS PIV authentication
• Knowledge of certificate management (e.g., Certificate Authorities)
• Active Directory and GPO administration experience is required.
• Experience with system monitoring using installed tools as well as external tools (e.g., SCOM, SolarWinds, EM7, etc.)
• Very good written and verbal communications skills
• Experience leading a small team.
• Ability to multitask and function in a fast-paced environment
• MCSE certification
• Good understanding of storage technologies (e.g., NetApp, EMC) and how these technologies fit into the Windows environment
• Exposure to SQL and Oracle and database concepts and installations
• ITSM knowledge and experience, particularly with ServiceNow
• Detailed knowledge of security settings (e.g., STIGs) of security settings and other commercial security best practices.
• Experience with configuration, troubleshooting and maintaining virtual and cloud environments
• Completing registry backups, restorations and modifications Group Policy Management (GPO) and application of Local Security Policies
• Managing Active Directory/ADFS and DFS PIV authentication
• Good understanding of operations in a multi-platform environment (e.g., Windows/Linux interoperability).
• Detailed knowledge of SQL clustering and other DB technologies is highly desirable.
This position requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance. Per the contract, U.S. Citizenship is required.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:ADP1 / IT2
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.