Job Requisition:Project Manager/Technical - Desktop Eng. & End User Device Solutions (Lyndon Johnson Space Center - Houston, TX)
More About the Role:
NASA’s projects, like its users, span the nation and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Project Manager with Leidos in support of NASA, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
What You'll Get to Do:
-Leidos is seeking an accomplished end user device engineer to lead a cross-functional team delivering continuous capability utilizing the latest in desktop/mobile engineering platform technology.
-The successful candidate will lead the design and implementation of modern desktop/device engineering solutions across a large, complex organization.
-These cross-platform solutions will include Windows, Mac, Linux, and mobile device architectures.
-Will collaborate with a diverse workforce within a matrix environment and be able to communicate effectively in obtaining and synthesizing requirements from external stakeholders, while working with the team to implement new endpoint device products and services.
-Will manage resources, budget, schedule, customer engagement, and ensure high end-user satisfaction.
-Additionally, the candidate must possess strong creative, communication, and collaboration skills.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Requires a BA Degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of experience.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
• Detailed knowledge of the packaging details of all client platforms - Windows, macOS, Linux.
• Detailed knowledge of the client/server architectures assoicated with Windows, Linux and macOS.
• Knowledge of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Jamf, and leading MDM platforms.
• Proven experience successfully managing budgets, schedule, and resources.
• Experience working with Agile software development methodology.
• Experience leading a matrixed team leveraging Agile/Scrum concepts.
• Familiarity with organizational change management including end user training.
• Experience creating and implementing plans per project goals and objectives.
• Demonstrates a high degree of customer service and team work.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Working knowledge of project management concepts as defined by PMI.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Project, JIRA, BitBucket, and other agile project management tools.
• Knowledge of ITIL concepts.
• Experience working in a highly matrixed organization.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• PMP Certification
• ITIL v3 Foundations Certification
• Experience working in the NASA environment.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.