Job Requisition:Web Developer
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
As a member of the Engineering and Development team, the candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Build, maintain, and optimize web applications
- Write clean, efficient, and well-commented code that is both reusable and scalable
- Translate requirements and designs to responsive functional web applications;
- Write unit tests to assist in quality assurance goals
- Provide assistance and training to system users
- Develop, maintain, troubleshoot, and enhance existing web applications
- Collaborate in project scope; envisioning system features and functionality;
- Research new technologies and implementations.
- Entry-level web software development support.
- Applies fundamental concepts, processes, practices and procedures on technical assignments.
- Designs, builds and maintains web pages using a variety of graphics software applications, techniques, and tools.
- Designs and develops user interface features, site animation, and special effects elements.
- Contributes to the design group's efforts to enhance the appeal of the organization's online offerings.
- Designs the website to support the organization's strategies and goals relative to external communications.
- Requires knowledge of web-based technologies including browsers, content management applications, HTML code, object-oriented technology, and graphics software.
- Bachelor’s degree and less than 2 years relevant experience, additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Ability to develop, test, implement and maintain complex applications and databases
- Ability to design, develop, and maintain applications within the cloud environment
- Experience developing HTML and web applications
- Experience debugging code and root cause analysis techniques
- Experience working in a Windows, MacOS, and/or Linux environment
- Experience working with Agile software development methodology
- Experience working in the NASA environment
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Website Development2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.