Job Requisition:Sr. Systems Engineer (Innovation Staff / Technology Roadmap)
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
As a member of the Development and Engineering team, the candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Modernize the NASA IT systems
- Provide the engineering expertise to operate in a NASA controlled environment
- Be able to support local and remote customer's System support needs
- Work with the NASA and Leidos team to maintain and enhance existing systems
- Provide the support needed for system engineering and software development functions
- Articulate user needs and requirements and transform into high level designs
- Develop and implement system test and verification procedures
- Tasks include working with NASA to maintain compliance with security standards and compliance directives
- The individual must be able to demonstrate the ability to balance user and functional requirements in an ever changing environment
- Senior-level systems engineering support
- Applies comprehensive knowledge of concepts, processes, practices, and procedures on technical assignments
- Provides analysis related to the design, development, and integration of hardware, software, man-machine interfaces and all system level requirements to provide an integrated IT solution
- Develops integrated system test requirement, strategies, devices and systems
- Directs overall system level testing
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline and 4+ years related experience
- Ability to apply System Engineering principles/process
- Knowledge of the Systems Engineering lifecycle
- Ability to develop, document, and verify A/B Level requirements
- Ability to develop and document overall System Level design, function, and performance criteria
- Ability to develop prototypes for suggested/recommended solutions
- Ability to debug and correct system level problems and issues
- Experience in use of Windows, Linux, and MacOS operating systems
- Strong communication skills to interface with internal and external customers
- Experience with Windows, Linux and macOS systems packaging software and operations - SCCM, Yum, Jamf, BigFix
- Experience with ITSM systems, especially ServiceNow
- Experience working with Agile software development methodology
- Experience working in the NASA environment.
- Detailed knowledge of the packaging details of all client platforms - Windows, macOS, Linux.
- Very good knowledge of the client/server architectures associated with Windows, Linux and macOS
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.