Job Requisition:Consulting Employee
The job of the Senior Technical Writer is to manage all resources essential to the successful execution of the Leidos Capture Process (Win Plan) and compliant delivery of proposals, ECPs, ENs, etc. This will include, but is not limited to, the development and management of a proposal plan, schedule, and strategies; write and edit as required, support capture/proposal color team review meetings and assume responsibility for integrating all proposal activities.
This candidate would join an internally-focused team that is focused on generating high-quality, winning proposal content. Some travel required.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Successful candidates must possess the ability to write in clear and concise language that is compliant and responsive to RFP requirements.
- Technical Writing assignments may include marketing publications and proposal documentation such as program management plans, past performance, staffing plans, and resumes.
- A successful candidate must possess the ability to work collaboratively with solutions architects and subject matter experts, and capture key concepts and ideas, maintain consistency in tone and voice, and use proper English, syntax and grammar.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and 8 or more years of related experience.
- Expert Level Technical Writing Skills.
- Strong Analytical Problem Solving Skills.
- Ability to communicate with positive impact.
- Ability to adapt to schedule changes & slips, project re-scopes, and customer directed changes to ensure compliant product delivery.
- The successful candidate will be able to join new projects quickly, and work effectively with a diverse group of others.
- Teamwork is an essential quality, as is the ability to work effectively while under tight deadlines.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
- Candidate must have the ability to travel to support proposal efforts as needed.
- Expert Level Technical/Proposal writer with Business Development and Competitive Proposal experience.
- Knowledge of Shipley Proposal Process
- Knowledge of Leidos (Win Plan).
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Consult Emp3000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.