Job Requisition:Systems Engineer
Want to work on first-of-a-kind unattended ground sensor (UGS) programs for urgent Government needs in the Geophysics and Electronic Systems department? What about working only minutes from the warm sunny beach in our San Diego, CA office as our newest Systems Engineer?
If so, our Leidos Innovations Center is looking for you, our next Systems Engineer to be mentored in systems engineering, system integration and test, and technical leadership in preparation for future leadership opportunities. Be exposed to other technologies as part of the ISR/CBRN Sensing and Exploitation Division working as a hands-on engineer.
Cool stuff you will do on the job:
- Shadow experienced technical leaders on multiple R&D programs with responsibilities including system design, requirements development, system integration and test, field testing, risk assessment and mitigation planning, and verification and validation.
- Analyze system-level performance in order to measure technical progress.
- Be hands-on in this role, and interact directly with all of the relevant engineering disciplines.
- Assist to develop concepts for UGS technologies and to provide background material for white papers and proposals.
To be successful in this role you will need these skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in either Aerospace, Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, or Systems Engineering or related discipline with at least 8 years of experience or a Master’s degree with 5 years of experience
- Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance
- Analysis using MATLAB or equivalent tools
- Hands-on design, integration, and test in one or more engineering disciplines
- Demonstrated leadership of teams of at least 3 engineers
You will wow us even more if you have these experience in the following:
- Requirements derivation, allocation, and traceability
- Integration and test planning
- Experience in customer-facing roles
- Risk assessment and mitigation
- Hands-on embedded system design, integration, and test
- Experience with formal verification and validation
- Experience programming in C/C++/Java/Python
- Experience working on multi-disciplinary teams
- MASINT signal and/or image processing
- Tradespace exploration tools/techniques
External Referral Program