Job Requisition:Cloud Architect
The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Certified Cloud Solutions Architect, contingent upon contract award, in White Oak, MD.
The Certified Cloud Solutions Architect will serves as lead CLOUD Subject Matter Expert (SME) for implementing and overseeing cloud computing strategy. This includes cloud adoption plans, cloud application design, and cloud management and monitoring. Oversee application architecture requirements and deployment in cloud environments for the FDA datacenter. The successful candidate will have related multiple years of hands-on experience of supporting Commercial Cloud Services such as AWS and Azure. Professional Cloud certifications such as AWS, AZURE, CLOUD+ or other with related ones are required.
The Datacenter Contract supports the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) organizations to provide critical work to safeguard the foods, drugs, devices, biologics, and veterinary products that the Agency regulates. The Certified Cloud Solutions Architect position is a highly visible position to ensure the reliable, secure, and cost effective cloud architecture to provide high availability to meet the service level agreements for the FDA customer. The person in this position will work directly with the FDA senior leadership team and the Leidos Health Systems program leadership team to ensure success of all aspects of the program including vendor recommendations and solutions, cloud architectures, and other support responsibilities in a large scale datacenter environment. This position is contingent upon contract award.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the Certified Cloud Solutions Architect position include but not limited to the following areas:
- Public Cloud Service Provider (AWS) Infrastructure Support
- Proxy Auditing and Inspection to Public Cloud Service and External Hosting providers
- Private Cloud (On-Premise) Infrastructure Support
- Other Cloud Service Support
- Evaluate the costs and identify efficiencies of delivering service to the customer.
- Negotiate with stakeholders (Vendors, Customer, etc.) to generate ideas and clarify specifications.
- Delegate tasks as necessary to the team and maintains accountability for results.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyzes
- Must be a self-starter, strong leader, and have the ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Experienced in implementing and overseeing cloud computing strategy, and delivery of cloud solutions.
- Experienced in cloud deployment, operations, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Service (AWS) Cloud architecture and core services.
- Demonstrated understanding of IT infrastructure tools, processes and practices, including Cloud resource provisions, deployment, microservices, and DevOps
- Solid knowledge on Cloud security and monitoring
- Team Lead and/or Technical Lead experience
- Professional Cloud Certifications such as AWS, Azure, or CLOUD+
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years or prior relevant experience. Generally has 7+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
Requires US Citizen or US Person (Green Card) with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- FDA customer experience and knowledge of their organizational structure
- Demonstrated Cloud deployment models and related experience (Private/Public/Hybrid cloud)
- Experience with AWS GovCloud.
- AWS Certified Solution Architect – Professional.
- Microsoft Azure Cloud experience.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering2000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.