Job Requisition:Division F&BO Senior Manager
The Exploration and Mission Support Operation at Leidos has an opportunity for a Sr Business Operations Manager in our Huntsville Alabama location. This is an exciting opportunity to support the NASA NEST mission. NASA NEST is an end user seat management program valued over $1B in contract value.
Join our team as we prepare to partner with NASA to manage, secure, and maintain the agency’s IT services to support NASA End-user Services & Technologies
The Sr Business Operations Finance Manger is responsible for advising line management on all financial aspects of their organizational unit including developing and driving financial forecasts and analyzing the organizations revenue and costs. Duties may include interpreting operating results as they affect the financial aspects of the business, evaluating and approving expenditure decisions, identifying operational risk factors that may impact the business performance of the organization and presenting key business insights and recommendations to achieve the organization’s current and future goals. Other duties include making specific recommendations which will result in cost reduction and both profit and process improvements.
Additional Responsibilities include:
• Responsible for financial performance of the operating unit to include Long Range Plan, monthly forecasts and FP&A activities.
• Managing a team of business finance professional staff to ensure contractual compliance, cost management, budget development and proposal support.
• Establishment/tracking of indirect rates and expenses (recent consolidation of OH rates and sharing of OH by multiple programs resulting in more competitive bids.).
• Work closely with business development, capture management, and pricing teams on new business strategy, cost volume reviews, and preparation of cash flow for Executive briefings External and internal customer interface.
• Month-end closings and variance/trend analyses
• Cash management/Capex
Deliverables: Estimate at Completion (EACs), contract status reviews (CSR), monthly and quarterly business reviews (IPR, QPR).
• Must have Government contracting experience leading and managing large financial operations or portfolios
• Experience with Technical Accounting and ASC 842 lease standards
• Experience in managing balance sheet and cash application metrics
• Experience in managing invoice processes
• Create new financial models and metrics to help manage IT service businesses and our IT infrastructure assets
• Program Finance Experience including Fixed Unit Rate analysis
• Proven experience in working and communicating business cases, variance analysis, and evaluating cost benefit models
• Oversee the delivery and manage build and deployment progress in various deployment approaches (On-Premise, Hosted, SaaS and other variations)
List additional skills and experience that is “nice to have” but not required.
Experience with Cost Point, Fusion, Hyperion IR, Deltek
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Operations Finance3000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.