Job Requisition:System Administrator
The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a System Administrator in Bethesda, MD.
• Provide system administration, engineering, and management support services for the Linux Servers and infrastructure
• Perform vulnerability scanning, analyze scan data and conduct vulnerability remediation and patching
for on--‐premises and AWS servers
• Support AWS management, including baseline, security configurations, patching, and troubleshooting
• Follow proactive monitoring/maintenance policies and procedures to maintain the availability of
• Participate in the monthly on--‐call rotation to support the production environment
• Baseline & organize technical documentation, such as scripts, performance metrics, etc.
• Provide incident response / troubleshooting for Linux servers running in a virtualized environment
• Develop processes and procedures for ongoing management of the Linux server environments to
include all associated hardware.
• Assist in SAN maintenance for the virtualized environment
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• Linux Admin Professional Certification is a plus
• Relevant AWS certification preferred
• 8+ years of experience administering RedHat Linux
• 2+ years of AWS infrastructure management experience
• Experience with AWS patching and remediation
• Experience with automation using Ansible, Python or similar dynamic languages
• Must have excellent communications skills.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to effectively troubleshoot, resolve, or
• Experience in Federal Grants Management is a plus
Requires US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Status) with the ability to obtain a Public Trust
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration-Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.