Job Requisition:Staff Project Manager
Leidos is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of data center services to our CMS customers and is structured around both current and legacy platforms in a consumption-based services model. We are looking to add skilled, energetic leaders and technologists who believe in cross functional teams, exhibit broad-based skills, maintain a customer-focused mindset, and have a willingness to step out of their work stream to get the job done.
With a “no downtime, zero outages” vision and mantra, we support a range of data center needs ranging from self-service to white-glove services, all of which are based on our customer’s required level of support. Our organization is comprised of a team supporting PMO, Security, Quality, Intake, Service Delivery, Engineering, and Service Operations. These teams access resources from our functional teams supporting Network, Security, Firewall, z/OS and z/VM operations, Unix Operations, Change Management, Monitoring, Capacity Management, x86 Operations, and Storage Operations. Part of everyone’s responsibility is to help drive the new consumption-based services model.
Now to you – your mission, if you choose to accept it as a Project Manager, will require you to coordinate closely with senior leadership to interpret and effectively communicate program needs, interact w/service delivery engineers and customer personnel. As a part of the Project and Service Delivery organization the project teams you lead will provide enterprise engineering expertise, tap appropriate technical SMEs when required, interact with contract management, and establish effective, bi-directional, collaborative communication within our Program Team. Ultimately, these activities will be extended in communication to the customer. You will interact daily with technical resources which are fulfilling technical requirements for the customer. Your goal will be to work with all stakeholders to help Leidos ensure delivery of high-quality, robust and scalable solutions with minimal business impact.
The current work environment is on-site at Leidos in Windsor Mill / Woodlawn, Maryland with potential for on-site work at CMS (in the same location). Telecommute opportunities are currently being evaluated and may become available based upon teams supported, work hours, and work performance.
Under the direction of the Project Management Lead, the PM will provide IT project management expertise/support on select Leidos VDC task orders for the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). These responsibilities include:
- Serving as a Project Manager for multiple complex projects and work orders.
- Being responsible for the overall management, planning, integration and engineering of specific work orders or projects / proposals and insuring that the technical solutions are implemented on schedule and within the allocated budget.
- Reviewing the status of projects and budgets; managing schedules and preparing/presenting status reports weekly.
- Assessing project issues and developing resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- You must be able to collaborate with multiple customer and internal stakeholders (customer project leads, program management, various engineering functions, Security, QA, proposal intake team, etc.).
- Developing mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with the team and the customer.
- Ensuring the development of documentation and processes to support the project solution.
- Fostering and ensuring a collaborative, service oriented, revenue driven environment.
- Communicating effectively with stakeholders across the organization to gain the necessary support for the successful integration of new technologies and enhancements to existing systems.
- Coordinating client meetings, assessments and reporting activities.
- Helping to create, document, and establish organization policies, standards, and operating procedures.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining Risk Logs, Action Item Logs, Issue Logs, Lessons Learned, and general management deliverables and processes for a complex program.
- Managing and tracking all Statement of Work (SOW) deliverables and artifacts to be delivered to the client.
- Support proposal activities
- Participate in internal and external Project Review meetings as required
Participate in Earn Value Management meetings as required
Required Skills: Please use the below in addition to the specific job requirements
- PMP certification (must also keep current)
- Ability to complete the responsibilities outlined above.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage conflict effectively.
- Ability to adapt and be productive in a dynamic environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills supporting multiple stakeholders and business operations.
- Expertise in understanding and mitigating risks to business operations.
- Prior Information Technology professional experience
- Prior Project Management Experience; managing mid-size to large projects.
- Proficient with SharePoint/Project Server, MS Project, Word, Excel, and JIRA
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written, with customer level audience (attention to detail is very important). Prior experience preparing and presenting executive and technical level presentations.
- Prior Experience in leveraging new technologies to solve business problems with appropriate business case development.
- Self-starter, self-managed, and a team player.
- Program schedule, cost, scope, and performance knowledge.
- Agile-based knowledge and skill; Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification or equivalent experience
- ITILv3 certified
- BOM/BOE familiarity/expertise
- Project Management experience in the implementation of projects across various platforms such as UNIX, Sun Solaris, zLinux, Windows, Mainframes, and WebSphere.
- A familiarity and understanding of various functional areas would be helpful (Voice/Data Communications, Unified Communications solutions including VOIP, Cisco networks, F5 Load Balancers, Firewalls, EFT, Remedy/SNOW, Release Management, and Testing).
- A familiarity and understanding of various tools would be helpful (e.g. CA Wily ExtraHop, New Relic, etc.).
- Specific experience in the data center infrastructures environment area is a plus.
- Product integration experience (implementation of new applications and services, network and capacity planning)
- BA degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- ITIL certification
- Certified Scrum Master certification
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management2000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.