Job Requisition:Deputy Program Manager
The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Deputy Program Manager, contingent upon contract award, in White Oak, MD.
The Datacenter Contract supports the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) organizations to provide critical work to safeguard the foods, drugs, devices, biologics, and veterinary products that the Agency regulates. The datacenter supports systems that continue to evolve to meet emerging business needs and to support new mandates and initiatives. It is important to respond to customer needs and issues. The Deputy Program Manager position is a highly visible tactical position to ensure the program is prepared to run and manage the datacenter, risks and issues are quickly identified and mitigated, a plan for growth of the contract is established, and key staff are retained and any changes are managed and pre-coordinated with the FDA customer. The successful candidate will be PMP certified and have at least 10 years of Program Management experience. The person in this position will work directly with the FDA senior leadership team, the Leidos Health Systems executive leadership team, and the Program Manager and supporting managers on the program to ensure success of all aspects of the program and day to day execution of the program including team leadership, client relationships, support for management for CPAR scores and improvements, oversight of critical projects and initiatives, and other support responsibilities. This position is contingent upon contract award.
The successful candidate will serve as the deputy program manager and may be called upon to perform the Program Management role as needed. The Deputy Program Manager is typically responsible for management of urgent issues, monitoring and management the Service Level agreements, developing contingency plans for issues and risks. The Deputy Program Manager will provide overall direction of day to day tactical program activities, manage and maintain contractor interfaces, consult with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverables, ensure conformance with program and project task schedules and costs and contractual obligations. The Deputy Program manager will support maintenance of technical and financial reports to show progress of projects to management and customers, organize and assign responsibilities to subordinates, and oversee the successful completion of all assigned tasks.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the Program Management position include but not limited to the following:
- Direct program management experience providing solutions to FDA or similar civil government customers for at least 5-10 years and a proven record of capturing and executing business to encompass all aspects of the job description.
- The successful leader will have demonstrated current and significant relationships with FDA executives and mid-level managers, particularly in the IT operations and development.
- The leader will be responsible for managing large, complex IT application/system development, engineering, and sustainment efforts. This person will need to be very familiar with the Systems Engineering Life Cycle (SELC).
- The leader will be responsible for ensuring security measures are established to comply with customer requirements and minimize any disruptions to service.
- Successful record of capturing new business at FDA or comparable civil government customers for opportunities greater than $50M.
- The Deputy Program manager will be accountable for management of the Service Level Agreements and ensuring recovery/remediation plans when Service Level Agreements have been breached.
- Deputy Program and/or Techncal Management experience for comparable Datacenter programs with a user base of 30,000 clients or higher, established Service Level Agreements with financial impacts for non-compliance.
- Datacenter tasks include but are not limited to Network operations, Backup/recovery, Disaster Recovery, Security Management, COTS patching and maintenance, Disk/Storage management, measurements analysis to prevent outages and ensure compliance with negotiated and established service level agreements, Change management for controlled and pre-coordinated changes, Windows and UNIX/LINUX systems administration, and facilities/power/cooling expertise for future hardware growth.
- Expertise and working knowledge of Cost Account, Risk Management, Staffing, Program Start up, Sales growth, direct customer communication with customer executives (Examples include the customer Chief Information Officer, Chief Executive Officer, key leaders, vendor leadership and others)
- Sub-Contract management and negotiation skills with experience writing Statements of Work that clearly identify work scope and expectations for sub-contractors
- Experience in leading teams of 50+ people and financial responsibility exceeding $10M.
- Datacenter Management experience with at least 5 years technical management experience
- Causal Analysis techniques and resolution
- Certified PMP (Active certification required)
- ITIL V3 certification
- EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years or prior relevant experience. Generally has 7+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- FDA customer experience and knowledge of their organizational structure
- CISSP and ITIL certifications desired
- Agile development certifications.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management2000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.