Job Requisition:Scientist/Operations Research Analyst
This position supports the initiatives of OSD, Cost Assessment & Program Evaluation (CAPE). We provide analytic studies and operations research support to include the use of data mining, quantitative modeling and simulation analysis to the Department of Defense (DoD). Leidos is looking for a Scientist or operation Research Analyst to assist CAPE in their mission to provide quality, data driven analysis and alternatives to senior decision makers within the DoD. The applicant filling this position will be asked to provide critical analyses on topics such as Satellite Ground Coverage, Satellite Communications, Electronic Jamming, Nuclear Enterprise Reviews, Sensor Performance, Missile Defense, Weapons Effectiveness and analyses of CBRN attack response scenarios. Rudimentary Cost Analysis may occasionally be required. The ability to compile, scrub, manipulate and analyze moderate to large data sets is also desired.
- Provide Analytic support grounded in sound scientific an engineering principles to OSD CAPE.
- Develop computer simulation models from First Principals Science.
- Develop scripted briefings for the client as needed.
- Analyze and interpret data from multiple sources.
- The ability to work in a multi-contractor environment within the customer’s secure facility in Alexandria, VA.
- Must have a Master’s Degree in the Physics, Chemistry, Engineering, Mathematics, or Computer Science and 8+ years or experience OR A Ph.D. in Physics, Chemistry, Engineering, Mathematics, or Computer Science the and 3+ years of experience.
- Must have an active Interim Top Secret clearance upon hire.
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
- Must have 3+ Years of experience in at least one of the following areas: Ballistic Missile Defense Analysis, Space Systems Analysis, Strategic And Tactical Nuclear Forces Analysis, Chemical And Biological Weapons Analysis, Air And Cruise Missile Defense Analysis, Science And Technology Analysis, Survey & Manpower Data Analysis, Counter Terrorism (Ct) Analysis, Sensor Analysis, Aerodynamic Simulation development
- The ability to interface directly with government operations research analysts and to work both independently and within a team.
- The ability to critically analyze and interpret data from multiple sources.
- The ability to prepare monthly reports and subject matter briefings as required.
- A Ph.D. in the Physical Sciences, Mathematics, Engineering, or a closely related discipline is strongly preferred.
- Computer programming skills (Visual Basic, FORTRAN, C, Matlab), especially as applied to computer modeling and simulation are a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Policy Analysis1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.