Job Requisition:Senior FPGA Design Engineer
This is where your legacy begins! The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) currently has an opening for an FPGA Hardware Engineer to work in our San Diego, CA office. Help us support the Missile Defense Agency in the design, construction, and testing of electro-optical/infrared satellite systems, which include advanced on-orbit processing FPGAs. This is a highly dynamic and integrative environment in which talented and creative engineers can thrive as they interact with a diverse array of multidisciplinary engineers and scientists. We are seeking a highly motivated engineer skilled at all levels of FPGA engineering.
The fun stuff you will do on the job:
- Manage a small team of FPGA programmers through all phases of FPGA development from systems requirements, PDR, CDR, integration, and test.
- Guide and educate FPGA programmers in the unique aspects of spacecraft FPGA programming including SEU mitigation, TMR, EDAC, configuration scrubbing, and derating.
- Provide FPGA input during the PCB hardware design phase
- Own the FPGA development activities.
- Collaborate with signal processing experts, software leads, and hardware designers
- Produce reports, presentations, and participate in working groups
Must have these skills to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's degree with at least 10 years of experience developing FPGA solutions
- US citizenship and an active Top Secret security clearance
- Experience with VHDL or Verilog
- Experience with testbench design, design verification, regression testing
- Thorough knowledge of FPGA architecture, design optimization, timing closure
- Experience with designing FPGAs for spacecraft
- Experience with Xilinx Vivado, Kintex Ultrascale, and Actel RTG4
- Experience with bring up and debugging activities of custom FPGA based PCBs
- Experience implementing digital interface standards in FPGA designs (SPI, UART, I2C, USB, Ethernet, 10GbE, PCIe)
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience working with cross functional teams developing embedded hardware
- Demonstrated leadership of small technical teams
- Motivated self-starter able to work under minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to generate and follow schedules
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- B.S. degree or higher in Computer Engineering
- Experience with signal processing algorithms, including FFTs, convolution, IIR filters, CORDIC, and their implementation in FPGAs
- Experience with Electro-optical systems
- Experience implementing interfaces such as Ethernet, Spacewire, GigE Vision, and CameraLink
- Experience with OrCAD, PADS, Hyperlynx, and Microsoft Project
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering2000Leidos Innovations Center (LInC)
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.