The Defense Group of Leidos has an immediate opening for a Shipboard Installer Field Technician based in Chesapeake, VA with extensive travel.
Shipboard Installer in support of the U.S. Navy Integrated Logistics Center (ILC). The ILC mission conducts maintenance, modernization, and installation of ASW sonar systems. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the ILC mission. The successful candidate will be a proven performer and self-starter with the ability to work well as a part of a team. The Shipboard Installer will be based in Chesapeake with approximately 75% travel to multiple Naval ports both CONUS and OCONUS.
- Perform cable removal and connector building on U.S. Navy Ships.
- Provide installation and finalization of cableways, connectors, etc. on U.S. Navy Ships.
- Follow direction, learn to read installation drawings, and work as part of a team.
- Travel extensively and work overtime.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent with less than 1 year of relevant experience sufficient to perform maintenance tasks.
- Ability to learn installation techniques and methods quickly and produce a quality product.
- Ability to climb ladders and lift 50 pounds.
- Possess a valid passport.
- U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance required.
- Alteration Installation Team (AIT) experience.
- Active Secret clearance.