No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs including those that:
- Power homes and businesses
- Guide air traffic
- Streamline tax returns
- Protect digital footprints
- Contain environmental incidents
- Heighten port security
- Enable scientific discovery
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
The NISC III program at Leidos is looking for a Database Management!
The candidate will provide support with developing a Database Management System (DBMS) solution for the electronic management of all Environmental, Occupational Safety and Health (EOSH) compliance data and information for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). Areas of Support include proper management of the DBMS; training and database support to users; and making the DBMS available for presentation to a wide range of potential FAA customers.
• Develop a DBMS user-friendly interface with the ability to handle multiple types of data (e.g. documents, spreadsheets, pictures).
• Facilitate the collection, storage, analysis, reporting, and metric tracking of all EOSH compliance data and information.
• Ensure the EOSH DBMS can interface, import, and incorporate information from other FAA database/systems.
• Facilitate in the testing of the DBMS; data security; and administration of the DBMS with the wide range of stakeholders.
• Assist with troubleshooting and debugging DBMS software issues during the creation and maintenance of the new database.
• Provide updates and modifications to the DBMS based on user/customer feedback.
• Develop a written DBMS User Guide and update as changes occur.
• Provide training to at least two (2) FAA employees who will function as Database Administrators
• Provide Knowledge Sharing Network (KSN) support.
• Make the DBMS available for presentation to a wide range of FAA senior management, EOSH workforce, and support contractors.
** Prefers for one to work in Denver/Longmort, CO**
** Candidate has to live in Denver/Longmort, CO OR Telework if from the Western Service Area locations (Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington)**
Server Database development, design and implementation; smart device applications; cloud drives and storage (e.g. Amazon Web Service, Google Drive, DropBox, OneDrive, etc.); and data analysis is required.
Relational database experience within a multi-tiered environment is required.
Microsoft SharePoint (Knowledge Sharing Network), Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Access experience is required.
Bachelor's degree related to Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent is required;
Have a minimum of 3-5 years hands-on experience in a database developer role.
Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance
Very experienced and proficient with programming languages such as Structured Query Language (SQL) and/or Phython.
Must possess and demonstrate highly effective written and verbal communications with excellent presentation skills.
Must be skilled at understanding inter-dependencies and relationships from complex technical data sets and be a creative problem-solver with strong analytical skills.
Must be a self-starter, demonstrate initiative, and possess excellent organizational and time management skills
Permanent telework status is acceptable, provided easily accessible communications exist with Government Technical Interpreter (GTI) and EOSH team members.