Leidos is seeking Staff Operations Officers to support a client's operational requirements in a challenging, fast paced environment located in the Washington Metropolitan Area. The positions require an active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information security clearance with a polygraph examination. There is no exception to the clearance requirement. Successful candidates will work well in team environments and will be capable of operating independently with minimal supervision. Candidates will be expected to effectively interact with customer personnel at all levels within the customer organization. The positions require prior experience in supporting HUMINT operations or familiarity with the Intelligence Community and its objectives.
JOB DESCRIPTION: In addition to the clearance requirement, successful candidates will demonstrate proficiency in the functions of a Staff Operations Officer or familiarity with the Intelligence Community and its concomitant functions. The primary function of a Staff Operations Officer is to support operational elements by providing operational research and analysis in furtherance of the client's objective to acquire intelligence. Officers will utilize customer-specific databases to conduct multiple layers of research and write summaries, reports, official correspondence, and guidance. Officers will also be expected to provide thorough and knowledgeable briefings on the analysis to customer management. Daily activities include:
• Manage a full range of operational and support activities for overseas missions
• Serve as the primary point of contact for an overseas office and/or a volume of ongoing cases
• Provide operational guidance for ongoing cases, ensuring any CI issues are identified to protect the client's personnel and facilities
• Design particular classified activities, propose recommendations, and identify the pros/cons of possible operational scenarios
• Coordinate legal and policy issues affecting cases and overseas offices
• Provide in-depth research on existing cases, and intelligence assessments using all-source and classified information
• Provide briefings on cases to senior customer officials, identifying potential issues on cases
Additionally, officers will provide a limited amount of administrative assistance in support of field elements and personnel. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate proficiency in classified databases and develop relationships with various operational components to meet the client's requirements.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/SKILLS: TS/SCI with Polygraph and 1+ years of experience related to intelligence research and analysis work is required. BA/BS or prior experience in supporting HUMINT operations or a related field as substitute for degree is required. Candidates must also meet the following skill requirements:
• Ability to plan and organize tasks independently
• Exercise sound operational judgment
• Strong written and oral communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to pose creative solutions to operational challenges
DESIRED EDUCATION/SKILLS: Customer certification as a Staff Operations Officer is desired. Prior overseas experience, including operating in high threat areas, is also desired.