Leidos is seeking a Senior Sonar Operations Specialist who will support development of AN/SQQ-89A(V)15 source data to be utilized for life-cycle documentation development in support of US Navy and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) programs. Additionally, candidate will be embedded in both the Leidos team and prime contractors team; serving as the Leidos operations point of contact. This position will report to the OEM site in Manassas, VA.
- Work closely with the Engineering Manager, SME's, and OEM Engineers to support the creation of AN/SQQ-89(V)15 US Navy and FMS technical data.
- Provide subject matter expertise to analyze and evaluate UnderSea Warfare (USW) equipment approaches, methodology, techniques, and products to help ensure their effectiveness and efficiency in selection of new and potentially non-traditional technologies, processes and procedures to produce and deliver mission support training materials.
- Applicant must have technical and operational experience with AN/SQQ-89(V)15 or APB sonar system equipment.
- Bachelor's degree and 6+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 4+ years of prior relevant experience
- Applicant must have at least 8 years of technical and operational experience with AN/SQQ-89(V) sonar system equipment, with particular emphasis on A(V)15
- Must have prior experience leading a technical team
- Prior experience with developing technical data for DoD programs
- Excellent written communication and grammatical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience working directly with engineers and other technical SMEs
- Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams and coordinate deadlines
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
- A thorough understanding of AN/SQQ-89(V)15 or APB system operations to meet tactical mission requirements (operator, supervisor, and command)
- System functional segments
- Experience with NAVSEA programs and their lifecycle support
- Travel may be required for this position