Are you ready for your next mission? Our Defense Group is interested in hiring a Senior Database Administrator to work in our Clarksburg, West Virginia location. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing several databases in a heterogeneous environment. The databases will be in various stages of the Software Development Life Cycle from systems in development to systems in O&M.
About the Work:
This is an information technology system that supports identity superiority by providing the critical capability for warfighters to identify known or suspected terrorists and third country nationals in the course of military operations. DoD ABIS is the authoritative biometrics enterprise system that provides matching, sharing and storing of biometrics data. The capability can receive multi-modal biometrics submissions to include iris, face, palm and finger prints from biometrics collection devices, which will support the warfighter in making, retain, capture, or release decisions. By providing access and responding to requests the system has a direct impact on the availability of critical intelligence information that is of vital interest to DoD and other government agencies.
- Maintaining database availability including backup and recovery System security and auditing support.
- Experience with database patching.
- Supporting the full Software Development Life Cycle of projects as a database expert, including identification of database requirements and implementing those requirements.
Integration of databases with custom applications, interfaces and COTS products.
- Provide technical expertise as a database administrator; participate in the formulation of database engineering best practices; assess feasibility of data models; performance tuning queries; and documentation of database processes and standards.
- Apply Working Capital Fund processes and procedures to execution of technical, engineering and development of projects.
- An active DoD Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain one is required.
- 8570 Compliant (A+ ce, or CCNA, or Net+ ce, Sec+ ce)
- Bachelor's degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with SQL Server and with working in AWS Cloud environment.
- Experience with backup and recovery strategies and database auditing.
- Experience Oracle, MySQL or Mongo.
- Experience with security and hardening processes.
- Experience with shell scripting to include PowerShell.
- Experience working with a tasking/requirements system and the Agile Process.
- Experience with Wingswept and Postgres.