Seeking a system administrator to be responsible for the operations and maintenance of multiple VM hosting environments across multiple datacenters. The Candidate will maintain the hardware and software systems as well as monitor the virtual infrastructure to ensure availability, reliability, and performance. Key duties include maintaining operating systems (primarily Linux), application support, integration, design, and assistance as needed with additional duties to support the team. The candidate must also have Windows System Administration expertise as well.
Responsibilities include: Linux OS patching, file and server backups, maintaining group policies, booting servers, troubleshooting server issues, and managing print server installs, updates, and permissions. Responsible for the design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments and software. Schedule, plan and perform system upgrades.
- BS in Computer Science or related field with 12+ years of experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree.
- 8+ years of hands-on vSphere Systems Administration experience;
- Demonstrated experience - VMWare administration
- Strong working knowledge of networking and storage practices.
- Ability to create and modify scripts to automate routine tasks and to perform complex tasks (Bash, Perl, Python).
- Significant experience in both Windows and Linux Systems administration.
- Experience supporting a medium sized (~500) user environment.
- Experience with various Linux distributions including Red Hat and Ubuntu.
- Experience with Splunk
- Experience with user and server certificates.
- Experience with software tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Cobbler, etc., to automate provisioning and configuration tasks.
- Experience maintaining system security plans.
- Ability to lead technical teams to success