More About the Role:
Journeyman Java Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, troubleshooting, and debugging of software programs for software enhancements and new software-intensive systems and products in an Agile environment. Duties include software requirements analysis, development of software products and software tools used for design, development and maintenance of software applications developed in Java, using HTML, CSS, JavaSript, Spring MVC, and other related technologies. Engineers will be expected to perform code peer reviews, contribute actively to design discussions, develop automated unit tests, and perform manual testing duties.
What You'll Get to Do:
• Design, develop, test, debug, and deploy in-house software applications.
• Contribute to the design and execution planning for complex software systems.
• Collaborate with operations personnel to ensure stability and functionality of mission-critical application
• Troubleshoot production problems within assigned applications software.
• Develop/maintain documentation and software development process standards.
Must be willing to assist other developers, review code, and receive and provide comments and constructive criticism in a positive and professional manner.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Requires BS Degree and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior experience.
- The ability to acquire a Public Trust security clearance.
- Experience using Java to supporting a web application through development and maintenance Software Development Life Cycle phases
- Ability to prioritize, status, and multitask.
Significant Experience with all of the following:
Some Experience with some of the following:
JBoss (v6 or greater) or similar application server, React (v16 or greater), Spring MVC, Agile Methodologies (Scrum preferred), MyBatis or similar Object Relational Mapper.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
-Extensive experience with JBoss (v6 or greater) or similar application server, React (v16 or greater), Spring MVC, Agile Methodologies (Scrum preferred), MyBatis or similar Object Relational Mapper.
-Angular (Angular 4 or greater), Cloud Computing (AWS preferred), RESTful Web Services, Test Automation (any), JUnit (any version) and JUnit mocking frameworks (any), Selenium/Protractor, Jasmine/Karma or similar TypeScript testing tools.