The National Solutions Operation is currently soliciting experienced Human Language Technology (HLT) Specialists in various languages to support the HLT initiatives of a Department of Defense (DoD) customer in the National Capital Region (NCR). HLT specialists should have experience working with human language technologies, computer programming, translation memory, and terminology management. HLT specialists will support a program performing Document and Media Exploitation (DOMEX) operations, and are expected to leverage language, analytical, and programming skills.
The HLT specialists will support the use of HLT for triage and translation. They will help to identify and prioritize work to be performed on the program. Must currently possess TS/SCI. Candidate will be required to pass a polygraph and subject interview prior to starting on the project.
Leverage customer tools to generate reports and metrics
Review search results generated by tools to assess their accuracy and effectiveness
Work with various team members (e.g., systems engineers, triage specialists, and linguists) to identify products of potential value
Create translation memory projects and assist in their integration with Computer Assisted Translation (CAT) tools
Work with SDL Trados and other CAT tools
Provide training to other team members on the use of translation memory and CAT tools
Identify issues with the integration of technology
Create and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the use of HLT
Active TS/SCI clearance
Achieve a minimum score of 3 in respective foreign language and English for Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing on the Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) scale
Three (3) years of experience working with human language technology and computer programming
Bachelor's degree or equivalent 8 years of professional experience.
• Team player who is able to prioritize and effectively manage his/her own matrixed team and multiple competing priorities
• Demonstrated ability to communicate in a professional manner (email, spoken, & reports).
• Ability to make sound decisions and handle stress, while meeting deadlines and performing in a high-paced environment.
• Proficiency in standard computer systems and office programs, with additional experience in media examination tools.
• Proficiency in the use of CAT tools
• Ability to use or train to proficiency on customer specific software programs and tools.
• Ability to collaborate, interact, and communicate effectively with technical and non-technical personnel
• Formal education in linguistics, computational linguistics, and/or computer programming, Master's degree
• Experience with translation memory and translations management, certification preferred.
• Advanced degree in computer programming, computational linguistics and/or linguistics
• Familiarity with Document and Media Exploitation (DOMEX) processes and specialized tools
• Trados certification for Project Management or Translation
• Training or certification in Translation Memory and Terminology Management