Leidos has an immediate opening for a Director of Domestic Payroll to join our Enterprise Business Operations (EBO) group in Reston, VA. This position will report to the Vice President of Global Payroll and Corporate Travel.
This is an exciting opportunity with tremendous visibility and opportunity to grow inside the company both vertically and horizontally. In this role, you will lead a large team of professionals responsible for executing timely and accurate payrolls, designing short-term and long-term strategies to meet the changing strategic needs of the business, implementing and maintaining a solid control environment, and for delivering continuous improvements over payroll operations to deliver efficient and effective services. You will also be responsible for developing talent and maintaining a seasoned payroll team consistent with the complexity of the business.
Responsibilities and duties include the following, but not limited to:
- Responsible for the successful processing and approval of US bi-weekly, weekly, SCA, DBA, and union payrolls
- Work with the Payroll Systems & Solutions Sr. Manager to review all updates to payroll related business process documentation, payroll standard operating procedures (SOPs), and any additional process documents made to ensure timely and accurate payroll processing.
- Ensure compliance with all payroll and tax laws.
- Oversee SOX related reporting, internal and external audits
- Oversee the coordination of required changes with internal and external stakeholders (i.e. prioritization of projects, testing and other initiatives) as requested.
- Create and present complex ad-hoc data analyses and reports such as, identify errors, deficiencies, areas of risk/non-compliance. Also, execute any process improvement or corrective measures.
- Design, implement, and facilitate the training programs for personnel within the division regarding operating policies and procedures.
- Partner with Finance and HR to create synergies, deliver best in class service and improve the overall employee experience
- Serve as a point of escalation for payroll related matters
- Support strategy, planning, and communications for the payroll function
- Work with the Payroll Tax & Compliance Manager auditing Month-End, Quarter-End, and Year-End payrolls, ensuring all adjustments and filings are accurate and timely.
- Perform data mining and analysis from multiple sources using complex statistical methodologies and techniques. Also, develop and design advance predictive models for senior management review.
- Implement a process for metric reporting and benchmarking, while utilizing this data to ensure the organization is performing optimally.
- Business acumen for managing a dispersed staff
- Build an engaging environment that retains top talent
- Serve as a mentor and provide guidance across all payroll operations.
- Maintain strong internal working relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders - Legal, Compliance/Audit, Finance, HR, IT, Total Rewards, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Human Resources, or other related field and at least 12 years of payroll relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- CPP certification is required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing payroll for 10,000+ employees
- Proficiency with payroll data analytics to monitor work performance information is required.
- Proficiency with vendor management and payroll processing systems is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite - Excel, Word, PowerPoint is required.
- Previous experience leading a team.
- Project management skills and experience
- Experience with government contractors which includes knowledge of applicable federal laws and regulations (SCA, DCAA, etc.).
- Proven ability to lead/manage multiple projects/work streams simultaneously.
- Work well under pressure.
- Deadline driven.
- Organized individual.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of an organization
- Team building, mentoring, and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders.