At Leidos we combine our deep customer expertise with tailored analytic systems to distill big multi-media datasets into valuable knowledge and insights. We work side-by-side with advanced research and development organizations such as Amazon, Google, and various top-20 universities to develop solutions.
The fields of data science, data engineering, and artificial intelligence, are expected grow rapidly in the next decade. While these trends are somewhat self-evident and obvious, the challenge for Leidos is to identify talented individuals and implement market-tested technical capabilities in data science and engineering to capture value in new business ventures or on-contract-growth opportunities.
The Data Science & Engineering team at Leidos is looking for interns this summer to work in our Arlington, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to apply your academic knowledge to real-world strategic company initiatives. Successful candidates are working towards a bachelors or masters degree.
The internship will offer an opportunity for the successful candidate to work with leading Leidos practitioners and team members in data science and engineering on an exciting strategic initiative.
- Conduct interviews of experts in the data science and engineering field
- Attend and participate in strategic meetings
- Develop online education courses
- Track major business opportunities
- Tasking by project team as needed
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate education in Psychology or related field, with at least 2+ years completed. Maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale).
- Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, SPSS; ability to learn new software/programs necessary to run experiments; and ability to follow a regimented research protocol.
- Must be detail-oriented, have excellent organizational skills, and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to obtain DoD security clearance- US Citizenship required.
- Educational experience in experimental psychology or other related field
- Pursuing Graduate degree
- Desire to continue working with Leidos on a part-time basis during the school year