The Leidos Health Products & Service Group has an opening for a Cloud / Amazon Web Services (AWS) Engineer with experience in the healthcare or commercial software industry to join a highly skilled team solving real-world problems. As a center of excellence, we strive to provide engaging careers and a collaborative culture to enhance the lives of our employees and develop a thriving workplace . This position will preferably be based out of our office in Morgantown, WV.
You will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining various cloud-native applications in the healthcare domain. You will be responsible to collaborate closely with internal Leidos software development teams and customers to develop the best approaches for deploying and maintaining applications in a cost-effective, repeatable, secure, scalable, and maintainable way.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Leveraging open-source and in-house tools to manage public cloud infrastructure via code.
- Designing reusable infrastructure components for scalable, highly-available, secure cloud architectures for cloud-native applications that adhere to industry regulations (HIPAA, PCI DSS, etc.).
- Providing input and expertise to senior engineers to maintain alignments with best practices and recommending system improvements.
- Designing and maintaining data pipelines using Apache Kafka and other big-data tools.
- Supporting production cloud applications to ensure SLAs are met.
- Participating in design discussions and problem solving sessions.
- Staying current with new trends and technologies.
- Must have US citizenship
- BS Degree or 4+ years' experience in relevant field
- Demonstrated proficiency with AWS, YAML, Ansible, Docker, Tomcat
- Demonstrated proficiency with Unix shell scripting
- Demonstrated proficiency provisioning virtual systems programmatically is required
- Demonstrated proficiency managing Linux systems with automation is required
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least one high-level programming language (Java, C#, Go, Python) and one scripting language (Bash)
- AWS certification(s).
- Experience maintaining big-data processes and applications such as Kafka, ZooKeeper, and Hive.
- Experience using NoSQL databases such as MongoDB and DynamoDB.