At Leidos we combine our deep customer expertise with tailored analytic systems to distill big multi-media datasets into valuable knowledge and insights. We work side-by-side with advanced research and development organizations such as Amazon, Google, and various top-20 universities to develop solutions.
The fields of data science, data engineering, and artificial intelligence, are expected grow rapidly in the next decade. While these trends are somewhat self-evident and obvious, the challenge for Leidos is to identify talented individuals and implement market-tested technical capabilities in data science and engineering to capture value in new business ventures or on-contract-growth opportunities.
The Data Science & Engineering team at Leidos is looking for interns this summer at our Arlington, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to apply your academic knowledge to real-world strategic company initiatives. Successful candidates are working towards a bachelor's degree related to website design. The internship will offer an opportunity for the selected candidate to design and implement a webpage to present multimedia information for a strategic company initiative.
- Design and implement a webpage to present multimedia information
- Works with the users and subject matter experts to gather and fine tune requirements and interact with the stakeholders on a periodic basis to ensure that the application built meets expectations.
- Tasking by project team as needed
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate education in Web Programming/Design or related field, with at least 2+ years completed. Maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale).
- Must be detail-oriented, have excellent organizational skills, and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to obtain DoD security clearance- US Citizenship required.
- Pursuing Graduate degree
- Desire to continue working with Leidos on a part-time basis during the school year