The Leidos Defense & Intelligence Group is seeking a qualified Russian Language Instructor for a Part Time Substitute opening in Stuttgart Germany.
- Assist GOVT in the management of all aspects of the unit foreign LREC training that enhances the effectiveness of the Special Forces advanced LREC training program
- Execute planned POI and ad hoc tutoring sessions.
- Teach language curriculum based on designated POI and do not deviate from POI without approval from GOVT
- Develop daily lesson plans (at minimum 1 day in advance of delivery), takes attendance, make daily annotations of student's learning and behavior progress or lack of, develop weekly progress reports
- Develops, review, correct, and grade daily homework, discuss and provide weekly feedback with Site Lead and POI analyst for weekly assessments/quizzes
- Review, distribute and grade weekly assessments/quizzes
- Maintain a positive and professional learning environment, address student behavior/attendance concerns with site lead, and utilize designated materials mentioned in POI and other products approved by GOVT to support instruction Collaborate with Site Lead and POI analyst to address student and curriculum gaps
-At least 2 years of recent (completed within the last 18 months) experience teaching foreign language at the secondary level or higher (a minimum of 200 classroom hours) and a bachelor's degree in teaching, education, language, or a closely related field to be approved by Government or at least 6 years of recent (completed within the last 18 months), related experience teaching at the secondary level or higher (a minimum of 600 classroom hours) and a bachelor's degree in any field.
-Must be a U.S Citizen.
English Language Qualifications: Completed formal study of the English Language and achieved the score indicated on any of the below:
1) At least proficiency level 2 as measured by the Test of English as a Foreign Language.
2) A score of no less than 79 on the English Comprehension Level (ECL) test.
3) At least a proficiency level 2 or Advanced-Low (ACTFL) on an OPI.
Russian Language Qualifications: possess general professional proficiency (a language rating of ILR level 2+ or ACTFL Advanced-High) or higher.
*Proficiency will be demonstrated by one of the following:
*Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) or 2-skill OPI from the DLIFLC.
*An interview certified by the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL).
*Defense Language Proficiency Test.