The Mission Support Operation is currently soliciting experienced Task Managers for a language services contract supporting an Intelligence Community customer in the National Capital Region (NCR). Task Managers will manage and administer all tasks assigned by the customer. They are responsible for the managing the timely completion of all tasks, of personnel/team performance, and for ensuring staffing resources are available to meet the requirements. The Task Managers will monitor dispersed teams of linguists, exploitation specialists, and editors. The Task Managers will be the primary POC with customer managers and must be available 24/7 for urgent needs, if required. All applicants MUST possess a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: The primary responsibilities of the Task Managers are::
- Apply project management controls and processes
- Maintain communication between Leidos Dynamo personnel and Customer
- Assigning and managing tasks
- Managing personnel /teams to ensure that they are trained, have the resources needed, and are performing according to expectations
- Use management tools and best practices to measure and monitor productivity
- Develop and maintain open communication with the program PM and Customer representatives to include regular meetings
- Author operational reports providing status of work processed, open requests, personnel changes, risks, and issues.
- Ensure program collection plan is up to date; develop key elements of collection plan
- Provide daily administrative and workflow oversight for personnel
- Plan, direct, and coordinate training and developmental activities for contract linguists in association with the Program Manager
- Manage and track priorities and tasks levied on the program; ensure requirements are answered in a timely manner
- Align program resources to best respond to tasking and/or respond to breaking events
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- US citizen
- Current TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor's degree and four (4) years of relevant experience, three (3) years of additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Must possess computer skills, including MS Office and Excel skills sufficient for documentation, tracking, and analysis of important program information
- Ability to prioritize tasks based on customer guidance and understanding of customer needs
- Ability to use critical thinking and analytic skills to process large amounts of information, anticipate risks, problems, and needs, and create solutions
- Ability to work independently and as a contributor to a virtual team
- Self-starter with curious mindset and desire to solve problems and learn new skills
- Strong organizational skills, time-management skills, attention to detail, and strong initiative
- Effective communication skills in both written and verbal formats to a variety of audiences
- Bachelor's degree and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Prior experience as a linguist or media analyst
- Foreign language
- Experience evaluating sources, conducting research on publicly available information, including social media, synthesizing and summarizing findings, and writing reports in English in accordance with designated standards, or commensurate training or education in a relevant field of study
- Experience with Human Language Technology (HLT) such as computer assisted translation (CAT) tools, post-edited machine-translation, and adaptive machine translation tools.
- Subject matter expertise or education in politics, culture, religion, international relations, economics, energy, counter-proliferation, cyber threats, counter-narcotics, military, science and technology, counterterrorism, or media of a particular country or region.