Senior Solar Energy Consultant - Denver, CO
Leidos Engineering has an opportunity for a Solar Technology and Energy Consultant with primary responsibility for working in a team setting to support an existing renewable energy consulting practice and with secondary responsibility for managing work products within the practice.
Primary responsibilities and duties include assisting the team in: providing technical reviews on various PV technologies (PV modules, inverters, trackers), solar resource modeling, PVsyst modeling, reviewing performance test provisions and results, reviewing power purchase agreement guarantees, writing independent/owner engineering reviews and reports, reviewing and analyzing SCADA data to assess the performance of operating solar power generating facilities, site visits, work with project managers in developing scopes and budgets for new opportunities, and working with the team managers in training and mentoring other technical team members and maintaining/growing Leidos' viewpoints/opinions, solar information database, standards of practice, and internal improvement projects.
Other opportunities within the role include supporting reviews of other technologies and performance modeling, such as energy storage, participating in reviewing operations and maintenance of power generation facilities, developing and presenting white papers, attending conferences, and performing business development activities.
• Undergraduate degree in engineering required, with MBA and/or advanced degree in engineering, finance, business, or related management area preferred.
• Typically requires a Bachelor's of Science in engineering and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or MBA and/or advanced degree in engineering, finance, business, or related management with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience
• Deep understanding of PV modules, inverters, and trackers technologies, including first principles understanding of how the design, manufacture, quality control, and installation of these technologies impact PV plant performance and reliability in the short and long-term. This includes cell design and manufacturing techniques, standards, and quality control programs.
• Expertise how performance is modeled inside and outside of PVsyst, HelioScope, PV Watts, and SAM.
• Deep understanding and experience in bifacial module technologies and modeling.
• Experience in and understanding of statistics.
• Understanding of market trends in technology and technology, installation, and O&M costs.
• Understanding the similarities and differences in the design and modeling of residential, C&I, and utility-scale projects.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Ability to successfully meet deadlines under pressure. Clients will include private equity, infrastructure, and hedge funds, investment and commercial banks, private developers, legal and financial advisors, original equipment providers, and energy service companies.
• Successful track record maintaining client relations and working with clients (both internal and external).
• Ability to be a successful manager of a team using proven project management skills preferred.
• The job may require as much as 35 percent travel, including international travel, and can include weeks with extended work hours to support client(s) needs (can be typically 50 hour weeks).
• Foreign language skills are a plus, especially Spanish.