Battery Energy Storage Expert - Boston, MA or Denver, CO
Leidos Engineering has an opportunity for a Battery Storage Application Engineer/Consultant Subject Matter Expert with primary responsibility being knowledge of technical and commercial aspects of utility-scale and commercial & industrial (C&I) battery energy storage systems, O&M of battery storage systems, client development, and battery system technology reviews. The candidate is expected to work in a team setting to support project managers during transactional due diligence.
Primary responsibilities and duties include: subject matter expertise in battery energy storage and associated applications, integration with renewable and dispatchable energy sources, SCADA and grid integration controls, HOMER modeling experience, and business development.
Other duties may include assisting the team in support of managing projects, developing sales proposals, and technology reviews.
• Undergraduate degree in engineering required, with MBA and/or advanced degree in engineering, finance, business, or related management area preferred.
• Typically requires a Bachelor's of Science in engineering and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or MBA and/or advanced degree in engineering, finance, business, or related management with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience
• Specific experience as an application engineer for battery storage.
• Experience with lead acid, NiCad, lithium-ion and flow batteries is preferred.
• Commercial experience with construction contracts and contractors for utility-scale and C&I battery storage projects.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Expertise in modeling with HOMER or commercial equivalent.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Ability to successfully meet deadlines under pressure. Clients will include private equity, infrastructure, and hedge funds, investment and commercial banks, private developers, legal and financial advisors, original equipment providers, DOE, and EIA.
• Successful track record maintaining client relations and working with clients (both internal and external).
• The job may require as much as 35 percent travel, including international travel, and can periodically include weeks with extended work hours to support client(s) needs (can be typically 50 hour weeks).
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Foreign language skills are a plus