he Leidos Defense and Intelligence Group (D&IG) has an opening for an experienced and cleared Health and Safety Officer seeking a rewarding and challenging opportunity supporting CBRN efforts for an Intelligence Community customer. Overseas and domestic travel may be required (10-25%).PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support existing CBRN policies and identify areas of process improvement for future program development
- Understand and implement occupational safety and health compliance requirements
- Apply knowledge in CBRN equipment logistics, planning and operations experience for equipment research, demand, accountability, maintenance, calibration and sustainment
- Develop and deliver briefings as needed
- Conduct CBRN training classes and validate training needs and analysis
- Work independently as needed to achieve day-to-day objectives
- Bachelor's Degree in scientific field or in Safety, Health or Engineering and 4-8 years experience. Substi
- At least three years of experience with CBRN operations
- At least three years of health and safety experience
- Prior experience conducting CBRN or health and safety training
- Required experience with equipment management, which many include acquisitions, inventory, logistics, expirations, calibrations, maintenance, accountability and sustainment
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Government emergency services experience
- Emergency planning, preparedness and response experience
- Occupational safety and health site survey experience
- CBRN MOS designation or emergency services certifications
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.