Leidos has a current job opportunity for a Palo Alto Security Engineer. This position is located in Columbus, OH.
• Serve as the subject matter expert for network security components such as firewalls, VPN, IPS/IDS.
• Provide analytic & countermeasure support for Palo Alto security solutions.
• Work with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Threat and Vulnerability Management, Web Application Firewalls (WAF), Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, Big Data Platforms, and Cloud Security solutions.
• Recommend enhancements to network security that will improve the security of the network.
• Creates and maintains documentation of networks and network systems.
• Follows project methodologies to complete assigned tasks.
• Provides technical network expertise to others as necessary.
• Configures new network equipment and connections.
• Handle day-to-day security related tickets.
• Active Secret clearance (TS/SCI preferred).
• Experience developing and tuning Palo Alto IDS/IPS signatures and rules.
• Bachelor's Degree and 8+ years of experience (experience working directly with Palo Alto can substitute in lieu of degree)
• DoD 8570 IAT II (Sec+, CCNA Security, GSEC, CySA+) prior to starting and CSSP-A Certification (CEH, CySA+, GCIA, GCIH, SCYBER) within 180 days of hire.
• Extensive familiarity with intrusion detection/prevention methodology.
• Demonstrated understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols.
• Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of network threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
• Demonstrated understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth and common security elements.
• Palo Alto certifications (ACE, PCNSE).
• Advanced certifications such as SANS GIAC/GCIA/GCIH, CISSP or CASP and/or SIEM-specific training and certification.
• CND experience (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization or Security Operations Center.
• Demonstrated commitment to training, self-study and maintaining proficiency in the technical cyber security domain
• Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings.
• Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense and/or Cyber Kill Chain methodology.
• Demonstrated hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data (e.g. Netflow, FPC), and other attack artifacts in support of incident investigations.
• In-depth knowledge of architecture, engineering, and operations of at least one enterprise SIEM platform (e.g. Nitro/McAfee Enterprise Security Manager, ArcSight, QRadar, LogLogic, Splunk).
• Experience and proficiency with any of the following: Anti-Virus, HIPS, ID/PS, Full Packet Capture, Host-Based Forensics, Network Forensics.
• Experience with malware analysis concepts and methods.
• Unix/Linux command line experience.
• Scripting and programming experience.
External Referral Eligible