- Leidos is seeking a Systems Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration's En-Route Automation
Modernization ERAM) technology, which is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System and the pulse of the National Airspace System helping to
advance our transition from a ground-based of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management.
The System Engineer duties include:
- Requirements development (A-Level and B-Level) on large software development programs
- Systems design; system interface definitions; sustaining engineering support through a product's lifecycle.
- Technical manual updates and inspection support.
- Support analysis of customer problem reports (and enhancement requests)
- Work directly with FAA customers to ensure a valid understanding of the problem (or requested enhancement) and need.
- Develop technical solutions, prepare trade studies when required, decompose the solution into system-level and software requirements
- Author white papers that document the above.
- Provide sustaining engineering to the Software, and Integration & Test teams in the proper behavior and verification of the documented solutions.
Typically requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
Previous technical experience on the ERAM program
Previous experience working with the FAA customer in New Jersey