The Defense Group at Leidos is seeking a strong Technical Engineering Manager. This Engineering Manager will work on Base alongside the customer counterpart at Hanscom AFB near Lexington, MA. This position cannot be supported remotely. Relocation provided for internal and external candidates.
The Engineering Manager will manage a large team of Software Engineers that are responsible for development and delivery of software to support the 3 largest ERP Systems in the United States Air Force. This Program has transitioned to the Agile and SAFe methodologies and this Engineering Manager will also hold the Role of Release Train Engineer for a complex set of software service deliveries for these 3 ERP Systems.
- Overall delivery of engineering capabilities via SAFe methodologies to the USAF ERP Program Manager (this position's direct counterpart).
- Release Train Engineer for approximately 6 individual Agile Scrum teams delivering software capabilities in 3 week Sprints and 3 month Program Increments.
- Engineering Management and leadership of a 20+ geographically diverse engineering team responsible for delivery of all ERP Engineering capabilities.
- Direct counterpart on Base to the GCSS-Air Force ERP Program Manager.
- Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects. Experience may suffice in lieu of degree.
- Agile SCRUM Master certified.
- Demonstrated Experience with Agile methodologies; Candidates without this qualification will not be considered.
- Demonstrated Experience with Scaled Agile Framework environment (SAFe).
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate across remote team members, management, and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to guide peers, leaders, and decision makers on addressing complex issues.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Oracle-based ERP systems.
- Active Secret Security Clearance.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with a DoD customer on Base.