Leidos is currently seeking a full-time Research Associate to support the Health and Behavioral Sciences Program at the Naval Health Research Center in San Diego, CA. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the full research team, including Principal Investigators and Research Scientists, supporting research projects focused on the psychological and behavioral health of military personnel and their families. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, able to take initiative, and work well both independently and as a team. Description of Responsibilities:- Administer and score standardized psychological tests (under the direction of the supervising psychologist)- Assist with the coordination of psychological testing activities for clinical and/or research programs- Obtain documents, information, and signatures from subjects to complete assessments and evaluations- Review data to ensure conformance to study protocol requirements- Maintain current knowledge of DSM-V diagnoses and current psychological measures/ instruments- Assist with subject recruitment- Administer surveys and conduct interviews- Assist with proposal and protocol development and submission- Review, prepare, and contribute to project materials and reports- Participate in ongoing trainings related to the proper conduct of research.
- Bachelor's degree in psychology or closely related field and 2 years experience
- A minimum of 12 months experience conducting psychometric assessments
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook)
- Demonstrate capability to understand and follow a research study protocol, obtain training and seek assistance when needed, and accurately perform or assess required protocol procedures
- Strong effective and professional communication (verbal and written) and ability to work efficiently with a diverse team of professionals
- One year of experience working with military populations
- Experience conducting research involving human subjects
- This position will administer assessments at military facilities in San Diego. A valid driver's license, safe driving record, reliable transportation, and proof of insurance are required.
- Due to federal contract restrictions, candidate must be a U.S. citizen and able to obtain a Secret Clearance