Leidos is seeking qualified candidates for the role of Senior Software Developer in support of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) - Information Technology (IT) program.
Location = Seattle, WA, -OR- will consider remote/telework
The Army Corps of Engineers - Information Technology (ACE-IT) provides secure enterprise-wide IT and information management support services to more than 37,000 USACE end users located throughout the Continental U.S. (CONUS) and outside the Continental U.S. (OCONUS). ACE-IT is the enterprise IT service delivery team for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, supporting mission requirements using a site-specific support model aligned along the USACE Regional Business Centers.
ACE-IT provides direct on-site command and control, coordination, planning, and operations and maintenance support for routine and emergency IT services. Leidos is actively seeking personnel to support USACE headquarters locations in Seattle, WA and virtual positions.
We are looking for a Software Developer to build and implement functional programs. You will work with other Developers and Product Managers throughout the software development life cycle. The responsibilities for this position include all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing. You will get a chance to exercise your judgment in determining and recommending the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints. You will be challenged and provided a tremendous opportunity for growth in a customer facing, fast paced, agile environment.
• Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters
• Support creation and updating of all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development and testing
• Identify potential roadblocks and develop around them
• Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics
• Develop maintainable code that matches specification
• Perform unit testing of code, including manipulation of data for analysis of system requirements
• Own the delivery of all of parts of a system or application
• Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development
• Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
Bachelor's degree from accredited university/college in IT or related field. One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education.
This position requires DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II certification and corresponding Computing Environment certification.
Current Secret security clearance.
At least 4-8 years of practical experience working as a software developer.
Understanding multiple programming languages.