The Atlas team is a software solutions group supporting automated aeronautical chart creation and data validation within the FAA. The team is expanding and seeks a software engineer who can develop, maintain, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components. All work is done in a team environment using Agile development principles.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Work independently as a contributing member of Agile Sprint Team
- Participate in Design Reviews, Sprint Planning, estimating, Release Planning, demonstrations and retrospectives
- 1 to 3 years' experience as a Software Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Previous experience creating and consuming restful webservices.
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies
- Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Information Technology: Designing, coding, testing, and debugging software written in C#, VBA .NET and AngularJS. Familiarity with WCF client and server implementations as well as WPF MVVM.
Service Industry: Formal training or experience in software development using Agile methodologies. Working knowledge of Software Configuration Management, Change Control, & Requirements tools such as JIRA.