Are you ready to make a major improvement to your Systems Engineering career? Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will be proud to say you work with Leidos because not only do we treat our employees like an important part of our business, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. You will enjoy great benefits, flexible schedules and the opportunity to grow your career.
Learn more about the values and culture that are the foundations of our business. If this sounds like the kind of place where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for an experienced Systems Engineer at our customer site in Annapolis Junction, MD.
This contract is a large, multi-year contract for the development, integration, deployment and sustainment of large, collection systems. The work that's being done on this Leidos-led, prime contract is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. Join a tremendous technical team solving hard problems with true mission relevance on emerging technologies.
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for ensuring data has proper smart data tagging and is in appropriate data formats, provide daily operational support, and develop software scripts to optimize the data flow. In addition, the engineer will provide technical recommendations to meet SIGINT processing requirements and research SIGINT solutions. The candidate will manage, document, and track software requirements, provide dataflow optimization, and monitor all data received.
- TS/SCI with polygraph
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related field of study and 8 or more years engineering experience
- Knowledge of SOTF and ASDF formats
- Dataflow/NiFi experience
- Proficiency in LINUX
A minimum of 3 years systems engineering experience with SIGINT systems.
Within the last 5 years, a minimum of 3 years experience in 3 of the following (NOTE: A BS degree in engineering, telecommunications or related field may be substituted for experience in 1 specialization and one specialization must be Systems Engineering):
- Systems Engineering: Individual shall have experience designing and developing large-scale systems, containing multiple subsystems and requiring integration with external systems. This experience shall focus on all aspects of acquisition, requirements definition, system design, development, and training. The individual shall have experience in basic SIGINT technology as well as integrating, installing, configuring, changing, and optimizing HW & SW solutions into an overall system architecture.
- Signal Analysis
- Modern Tele-communications System and Networks
- Telephony Switching Systems
- Communications Systems
- Cellular/Personal Communications Systems
- TDM/PCM Multiplexing / Modulation /Switching Systems
- Packet Switching Systems
- Operating Systems - Linux or Unix
- Advanced Protocols
Within the last 5 years, a minimum of 3 years development and integration experience in SIGINT systems.
Within last 3 years, a minimum of 2 years experience in at least two (2) of the following:
- Switching and Survey
- Circuit Processing
- Packet Processing
- Filtering & Selection
- Analytic Tools
A minimum of 3 years experience in performing and providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complex hardware/software systems.
A minimum of 3 years experience solving varied technical/scientific problems; and generating and reviewing designs for technical accuracy, completeness and appropriateness in light of objectives, budget, and schedule.