The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Software Developer to work in the Columbia/Ft. Meade area. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to support a new, mission critical program being developed with cutting edge technologies.
Leidos is seeking the best and brightest Software Developers to work on a new program developing a modern mission end-to-end workflow and infrastructure using the latest software technologies and methodologies. All development and integration is being done from a green field start (no legacy code or frameworks to port or integrate!). The program is using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) development methodology along with a Secure DevOps toolset and pipeline for continuous development, test, and integration of containerized microservices. The technical solution being developed includes use of Machine Learning and private blockchain technologies to meet the mission requirements. Along with new code development, the program makes use of some of the best open source and leading-edge COTS products in developing this highly secure and automated mission system.
The selected individual will code and test software based upon software specifications and designs, analyze and study complex system requirements, and design software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain software development. He /she will support the use of formal specifications, data flow diagrams, and other accepted design techniques. He/she will be responsible for using sound software engineering principles to ensure that developed code is modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, and fault tolerant, and will provide software process management and control throughout the coding portion of the software development process. The selected individual must interface effectively with the following groups: software development, testing, integration, deployment, and sustainment. He/she may be responsible for providing guidance and coaching to other software engineers.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below;
• Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science. Three (3) years of relevant professional experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
• Two (2) years of experience with a demonstrated understanding of software development (i.e. software requirements analysis, top-down design, structured analysis, etc.).
• Experience in programming using Top Down, Event Driven, and object oriented paradigms.
• Experience using some of the following Programming Languages: JAVA, C#, C++, and shell scripting.
• Ability to plan and prioritize personal tasking and be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Must be an independent thinking, capable of performing high quality work, both independently and with a team, in a fast-moving environment.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration.
• Experience securely developing and integrating business logic into ServiceNow product.
• Experience using Test Driven Development (TDD) as part of Agile development.
• Experience with Atlassian Tool Suite (Jira and Confluence).
• Familiarity with developing and deploying software in a containerized microservice architecture.
• Experience with software configuration management and build tools such as Git, Maven, Gradle.
• Experience with software and automated testing frameworks (i.e, JUnit, SOAP UI, Cucumber, Selenium).
• Understanding of SAFe system development processes and methodology
• SAFe Certification.