No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
As a member of the Development and Engineering team, the candidate will perform requirements analysis, develop test procedures, develop test architecture, and develop automation test activities to ensure required system performance and reliability standards are verified. The essential function is to validate design, development and systems specifications through the following test activities (Sprint Testing, Functional testing, Requirements Verification and Validation of system requirements, Integration Test and Test Automation).
- Mid-level test engineering support
- Applies advanced knowledge of concepts, processes, practices, and procedures on technical assignments
- Evaluates, recommends, and implements automated test tools and strategies
- Designs, implements, and conducts test and evaluation procedures to ensure system requirements are met
- Develops, maintains, and upgrades automated test scripts and architectures for application products
- Also writes, implements, and reports status for system test cases for testing
- Analyzes test cases and provides regular progress reports
- Serves as subject matter specialist providing testing know-how for the support of user requirements of complex to highly complex software/hardware applications
- Directs and/or participates in all phases of risk management assessments and software/hardware development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design and test tools selection
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 2+ years related experience
- Proven track record performing as a Software Test Engineer
- Requires knowledge of system and software test engineering principles and best practices
- Experience with continuous integration, test automation and test-driven development
- Test harnesses and test automation experience (e.g., RobotFramework/Selenium/Sikuli)
- Experience with testing Web Applications, Cloud based technology, and databases (Postgres, MySQL, Accumulo)
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Must have the ability to analyze and test complex engineering software, web applications and databases
- The successful candidate will also have excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience working with Agile software development methodology
- Experience working in the NASA environment