LEIDOS is looking for a full time Instructors for the following languages: Russian,Farsi,Bosnian,Serbian
Language Testing Requirements
- Customer has an immediate linguist requirement for foreign language instructors with the required teaching experience and adult learning methodology.
- Customer requires the services of contract language instructors with native-like speaking skills in the foreign language to work 40 hours a week spending approximately 20 hours of teaching and 20 hours of lesson development, student assessment and testing.
- The contract linguist instructor(s) shall have strong foreign language skills and will work under direction of experienced senior trained instructors.
- Instructors will be expected to teach a proficiency course (0-2) to include, reading, writing and speaking, correct grammar, vocabulary, as well as proper punctuation.
- It is also important that candidates are familiar with current events in the countries where the foreign languages are spoken.
- Once on the program, contract linguist instructors are required to receive specific sponsor training focusing on foreign language teaching and foreign language testing in order to become certified according to Sponsor standards.
: All candidates will be required to take and pass the foreign language test administered by LEIDOS/ accepted commercial testing vendors (3 hours standard translation test).Security Clearance Requirements:
we will sponsor security clearance that is required for this program.Qualifications - External
- BA/BS in education, foreign language, linguistics and/or 8+ years of related work experience
- BA in other majors with the required language teaching experience will also be considered.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.