The Maritime Systems Division is seeking a Project Manager in Washington DC. Some travel to Dallas TX, Jacksonville FL and Patuxent River MD and other locations may be necessary.
The current program effort involves production of systems, non-recurring engineering tasks, logistics tasks, and planning and preparing for two major anticipated milestones. The successful candidate will ideally have at least 5 years of experience supporting USN ACAT 1D programs, preferably with 6 years of prior aviation active duty service. The person in this position will work directly with the both the Leidos team and the government program office to assist in ensuring success of all aspects of the program including team leadership, system enhancements, system white papers and studies, campaign analysis, logistics planning, and other support responsibilities.
The current program effort involves production of systems, non-recurring engineering tasks, logistics tasks, and planning and preparing for two major anticipated milestones. The successful candidate will ideally have at least 5 years of experience supporting USN ACAT 1D programs, preferably with 10 years of P-3C/P-8A active duty service and aviation experience. The person in this position will work directly with the both the Leidos team and the government program office to assist the in ensuring success of all aspects of the program including team leadership, system enhancements, system white papers and studies, campaign analysis, logistics planning, and other support responsibilities.
The candidate must have expert knowledge of Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance and Targeting (ISR&T) operations across diverse mission areas. Understanding ISR&T system capabilities and limitations, and keen insight into DoD priorities and mission needs, are critical to integrating ISR&T into Fleet world-wide operations. Additionally, the candidate will need significant experience in the DoD acquisition process and practices to assist the Systems Analysis Competency with the development of accurate and compliant acquisition products to support the Program's Life Cycle
In this position the expectation is that the employee will be engaged at some level in all of the following activities:
- Project planning and execution that includes systems analysis, schedule, risk assessments, change control management, etc.
- Responsible for managing diverse teams and assisting the customer with timely submission of program office deliverables.
- Responsible for leading meetings, collaborating on and developing products/briefings, and effectively communicating complex technical material.
- Responsible for supporting strategic program office efforts, developing strategies, preparing white papers, and supporting capability transition efforts.
- Provide support to assist in the effective application of Program sensor performance, both predicted and observed, to operational needs and requirements for the AST Program's ISR&T sensor.
- Provide independent engineering analysis to assess the threat and vulnerability effects on AST PO systems and systems employment.
- Support the development and validation of Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TT&P) across the AST sensor mission areas.
- Provide Fleet Liaison and SME support to present AST sensor capabilities in external engagement opportunities at the direction of the Competency lead.
- Assist customer with oversight, direction and leadership over sub-IPT heads in execution of tasking, to include production, engineering, and logistics efforts.
- BA degree and minimum of 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with minimum of 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Minimum of five years ACAT 1D support or experience.
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance.
- Demonstrated management of large, complex or multi-disciplined organizations.
- Ability to adapt and be productive in a dynamic, distributed environment.
- Possess strong collaboration skills with highly technical personnel
- Broad understanding of Navy Operations.
- Experience with capability planning process and writing requirements preferred
- Ability to translate user needs and requirements into practical solutions that meet mission functional and schedule needs
- United States Navy P-3C or P8A pilot or Naval Flight Officer.
- Experience in working within strict security regulations, policies and standards.
- Proficient in use of Industry Standard software tools (Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Decision-making skills that promote working autonomously from government oversight when managing and executing projects, tasks and work assignments
- Public speaking and briefing skills
- Ability to manage, motivate and lead teams