The Leidos NISC III program is looking for a Financial Analyst to join our team in Washington, DC to support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in compiling and reviewing budgets, obligation, and spending data using actual performance, previous budget figures, funding allocations, expense reports, and other data sources to track task orders funds and provide for proper financial administration. The candidate must be able to interact with different stakeholders located in the U.S. to analyze and understand their unique financial processes to compile and provide relevant data. The candidate will ensure that costs are allocated according to established procedures. The candidate will apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports and briefings to management. The candidate must be able to deliver with minimal or no supervision, identify deficiencies, be a self-starter, adapt to changes, take the lead when needed, and be an excellent communicator. The candidate will prepare/assist in the preparation of regular financial reports and/or responses to the FAA or Leidos managers, regarding financial requirements and inquiries using a combination of SQL statements and spreadsheets.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, finance or related area and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience of experience in a financial analysis/business operations role
- Advanced MS Office skills (especially Excel Macros/VBA and Pivot tables), as well as Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience working independently with minimal guidance
- Deep analytical skills to understand complex financial or procedural problems, identify root causes, and provide solutions
- Experience and familiarity with utilizing Oracle database and SQL in financial analysis
- Experience summarizing results and producing management reports to present to customers and management team
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with experience exercising mature judgment
- Exceptional attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
- Demonstrable accounting, budgeting and financial analysis, reporting, and management skills
- Independent worker, and able to deliver with minimal or no supervision
- Able to address different stakeholder requirements
- Good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills. Great organization skills to prioritize, follow up, deliver, and communicate status of assigned actions
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related discipline
- Experience using Dell TOAD
- Prior DOT/FAA experience
- Knowledge of the following systems/tools: CMIS, DELPHI, PRISM, and REGIS
- Deltek Costpoint and CONCUR experience
- Previous experience in a federal professional services contracting/consulting environment: invoicing, account reconciliations and analysis
- Leadership skill demonstrated in previous employment; innovative approach to projects, ability to work in a team, delegate work, mentor and train junior analysts