Leidos has an opening for an Office 365 Engineer to support the NASA End-user Services & Technologies (NEST) program. NEST is an IT Services program providing the end user computing needs to NASA. The program provides a range of IT services: On premises and cloud-based Windows and Linux server support, Windows, macOS and Linux desk side support and workstation engineering, managed print services, Active Directory services and Microsoft Exchange/Office 365 support.
The individual selected for this position will be a member of the Operations team and will be assigned to work full time at a customer site in one of the NASA locations (e.g., Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC), Johnson Space Center (JSC), etc.). The individual will be a Microsoft Exchange/Office 365 Team Member and will be help support the migration from the on-premises NEST Exchange environment to the cloud-based Office 365 (O365) solution. The individual also be responsible for supporting the post-migration activities - use of SharePoint, OneDrive, Skype for Business.
• Working with the O365 Migration Team to support the smooth migration from NOMAD to O365
• Help support the migration processes. Update migration process documentation, as needed.
• Help create user communication to help support a smooth migration
• Understand the NOMAD "as-is" environment and outline processes to utilize the O365 features (e.g., OneDrive, SharePoint, Skype for Business)
• Help define the authentication processes for the O365 environment (e.g., SSO).
• Work in a rapid paced environment
• Maintain and implement detailed documentation and maintain standard operating procedures
• Provide support on a M-F business hours schedule; also responsible for on-call, extended hour, and weekend support as required by mission or emergency situations
Typical Education and Required Experience:
• Bachelor's degree and two years' experience. Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
• Experience in managing Exchange and O365.
• Good understanding of collaboration technologies and their implementation. Specifically, SharePoint and Skype for Business.
• Demonstrated experience with Exchange support in a multi-platform environment (e.g., Linux, Windows, macOS).
• Good understanding of Windows Servers in design, configuration and the administration of Windows 2008r2, 2012 and 2016.
• PowerShell Script design and coding experience.
• System (hardware) and application (software) installation and configuration
• System monitoring using installed tools as well as external tools (e.g., SCOM, SolarWinds, EM7, etc.).
• Good written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to multitask and function in a fast-paced environment
• O365 migration experience is desirable
• MCSE certification preferred.
This position requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance the contract, U.S. Citizenship is required.